Join me on a fall afternoon hike at Ed Davis Park in Towsely Canyon!
The park has several trails and we will take the most popular one to get an afternoon workout and enjoy the scenery.
Distance: 6 miles
Elevation Gain: 1600 ft
Difficulty: Intermediate due to pace, if you are a beginner and choose to come please do not expect us to wait for you, that being said I think you will enjoy it no matter the pace if you are slower, so come if you choose.
Dogs: are allowed in the park but must be leashed and well behaved
Restrooms: there is one in the park somewhere but not where we are hiking and am not sure if it is open at this time so come prepared
Water Fountain: Maybe somewhere in the park but not where we are hiking
Parking: There is lots of free parking on the outside of the gate and also on the inside. The park is busy and does have some paid parking as well so just pay attention to the signs.
Trail: Lollypop Loop trail that starts out on a flat road and narrows to a hiking trail that gets gradually steeper.
Sunset: 6:15pm. plan is to be finished by 5pm also the park closes at Sunset!
Weather: it may be hot when we start so come prepared for sun and heat hiking, wear a hat and sunscreen. I am hoping for cooler fall temperatures and so you may want to bring a layer if it is cooler. If it is hotter than 85 by the start time, rainy or windier than 15 miles per hour I may cancel.
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes, slip-‘n-fall, poison oak, dehydration and heatstroke all can happen on this hike so come prepared!
We will encounter some tar pits along the trail, they are avoidable but just know that they are there and the pools you see and unusual smell is not water but tar.
Bring: Sunscreen, hat or sun protection
LOTS of H20 2-3 Liters, it is always good to bring more than you need
Personal Snack if you need it
Wear sturdy shoes and bring poles if you need them
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
COVID information for Ventura and LA counties:
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow these rules:
• Each participant will observe social distancing of 6 ft. among ourselves.
• It is required to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…
• Be considerate and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Cover your mouth with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience.