Come join me Tuesday, June 1 for an intermediate evening hike. Since there is more light, we will also go to the Tar Pits and back too.
I hike for conditioning so those that join should feel comfortable hiking 2.5-3 miles per hour. We may stop briefly to catch our breath at the top of the hill and to regroup if we need to and maybe a brief break at about the halfway point.
If you are a beginner or advanced and want to start with us and hike at your own pace just let us know at the beginning of the hike so I can provide directions on where to turn as there will not be a sweep or the sweep may be me (but I hike at 2.5-3 miles per hour on this one). It really should not take those hiking at my pace more than 2 hours to do this hike.
Distance: 5 ish Miles, not sure the exact distance with the added tar pits.
Elevation Gain: 698 feet
Difficulty: Intermediate due to pace and steepness, loose gravel
Water Fountain: No
Parking: Free street parking, just note there are some no parking signs and do not park there!
Trail: Lolypop/Loop trail
Sunset: 8:02 pm (bring a flashlight or headlamp just to be safe)
Weather: Heat over 85 degrees (at 6), Santa Ana Winds over 12mph or rain cancels the hike (I won’t hike in those conditions).
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes are in the area on the trail so be mindful where you step, a slip-‘n-fall is always possible so wear proper shoes,/use poles if you prefer, poison oak may also be on the trail so please watch what you brush up against!
Flashlight/headlamp for emergency or well charged phone always good to have and a light layer in case you get cold.
A personal snack if you have not gotten to eat dinner so you have some energy to hike.
LOTS of H20 is always recommended. A suggestion for this hike is 2 liters just to be on the safe side, always better to have more than not enough.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
COVID information for Ventura and LA counties:
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow the rules from the State of California.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience.