Please follow the Meetup and CDC guidelines to keep our hikers safe:
• It is required to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…Be CONSIDERATE and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Practice social distancing at 6 ft. apart.
This is a casual hike:
The hike begins with a short walk through a forest of oak trees that canopy the trail and several wooden bridges. Once through, we will make our way up on a single trail to the Los Robles Trail junction, this is the toughest part of the hike with a steady incline of about 750 feet. At the junction the trail opens into a fire road that will begin to level out and into open fields. At the top, we’ll take a short break at the bench and enjoy breathtaking views of Conejo valley. After the break, we will descend down into the canyon which will take us to a trail that ends at Greenmeadow Ave. From here, we will take a short walk on the sidewalk to the trailhead where we started.
Time: 6:30pm. We will start hiking at 6:35
Sunset: 7:41 pm (bring your flashlight)
Where to meet: at the trailhead
Distance: 4 miles
Route type: loop
Trail: Combination of a single-track and fire road
Elevation gain: about 800’
Weather: I’ll keep you posted
Difficulty: Beginner, fit-beginner, intermediate
Dogs: On a leash per state law
Water Fountain: None
Parking: Free in street at the trailhead
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes, mountain lions, bobcats, tarantulas, scorpions, slip-‘n-fall, poison oak
WHAT TO BRING
Flashlight or Headlight
At least 2 liters of water
Snacks / Electrolytes
Bring your own hand sanitizer
Good hiking/walking shoes
Dress according to the weather
Trailhead coordinates: 34.172586, -118.877276
Address: 15 Los Padres Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA
Use your GPS, or
From the 101, take the Moorpark Road exit and go south. Turn left onto Los Padres Drive.
The Los Padres Trailhead is on the right, close to the corner of Moorpark Road and Los Padres Dr.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under:
• California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
• Ventura County: https://www.venturacountyrecovers.org/
• L.A. County: http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow these rules:
• Each participant will observe social distancing of 6 ft. among ourselves.
• It is REQUIRED to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…
• Be CONSIDERATE and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Cover your mouth with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough.
• DO NOT attend this hike if:
– You are running a fever, feel ill, or show any signs of COVID-19.
– You will not observe the mask rule and wear it when near other hikers.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience. This applies to any guests you may invite.