Masks are mandatory as we gather in the (2nd) Triunfo Community Park parking lot! They will also be mandatory anytime we are gathered and cannot keep an appropriate social distance between people.
The hike begins with a 1.3 mile single-track section of the Los Robles system to a junction with a wide fire road, which we’ll take for about another mile to where it joins up with the White Horse Canyon Trail. From there, we’ll make a loop back to a point just above that first junction where there is a bench at the top of a peak. There is a short section of a steep ascent on this loop, but mostly, its nicely rolling hills.
From the bench we’ll head back down to the first single-track portion of our hike to the park with our vehicles.
We will start no later than 6:40 pm, so don’t be late and use the restrooms BEFORE you get to the trailhead, as they are on the opposite end of the park, i.e, the first parking lot.
Distance: 5.8 miles
Elevation Gain: 1000′ +
Dogs: Yes, but only if leashed, per State law
Restrooms: Yes, on the east end of the park
Water Fountain: Yes, at the park
Parking: Free parking lot
Trail: Single track and fire road
Moonrise: 8.21 PM, so even though it will be almost full, we won’t have it for most of the hike
Bring: Mask, headlamp or flashlight and whatever clothes you need for a cool November evening.
Directions: From the 101, take the exit at Hampshire Road and head south. When you get to Triunfo Canyon Road, head AWAY from the 101 (basically SW) and after a short drive you will arrive at Triunfo Community Park on your right. Turn right onto Tamarack Street, which borders the park. Pass the first entrance to the park (on your left) and turn into the 2nd parking lot (also on your left), which is just before the entrance to a gated community.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow these rules:
• This hike is limited to 10 participants, guests are not permitted.
• Each participant will observe social distancing of 6 ft. among ourselves.
• It is required to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…
• Be considerate and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Cover your mouth with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough.
COVID information for Ventura and LA counties:
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience. This applies to any guests you may invite.