During these toasty warm days, Hill Canyon offers cool breezes, mountain views, wildflowers, birds, and a clear running creek known as the Arroyo Conejo.
Be sure to read the COVID-19 disclaimer, and follow the rules, listed below.
Time: 6:20pm. We will start hiking at 6:30
Sunset: 6:49 pm
Where to meet: at the bridge adjacent to the parking lot
Route type: Out & Back
Distance: 3.7 mi
Elevation gain: 252 ft
Speed: 2mph (we don’t hike fast and no one is left behind)
Weather: High of 91, low of 67 (I’ll keep you posted)
Difficulty: Beginner – fit beginner
Dogs: On a leash per state law
Water Fountain: None
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes, mountain lions, bobcats, tarantulas, scorpions, slip-‘n-fall, poison oak
WHAT TO BRING:
At least 2 liters of water
Snacks for energy
Good hiking/walking shoes
Dress according to the weather
Address: 10241 Hill Canyon Road • Santa Rosa Valley, CA
From Moorpark Road in the Santa Rosa Valley, drive west on Santa Rosa Road for 3.7 miles, turn left (south) on Hill Canyon Road for about 0.6 miles to the parking lot on the left.
From the 101 Freeway in Camarillo, take exit 52 onto Santa Rosa Road and drive northeast. After 5 miles, turn right onto Hill Canyon Rd. Continue to the parking on the left, 0.6 miles on.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow these rules:
• This hike is limited to 10 participants, guests are not permitted.
• Each participant will observe social distancing of 6 ft. among ourselves.
• It is required to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…
• Be considerate and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Cover your mouth with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough.
COVID information for Ventura and LA counties:
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience. This applies to any guests you may invite.