Come join me on a quick paced evening hike! Last time I took a wrong turn but we are going to give it another try!
I was recently introduced to a new starting place for the Limekin trail. It is on Corbin Ave, just before the YMCA, if you get to the YMCA you have gone too far.
We will go up the trail, then cross Tampa and continue on another trail, I do not recall name but it makes it a round trip 7 mile hike. I recently hiked this trail with another meet up group and caught a beautiful sunset, not to mention we had a good workout too!
Distance: 7 miles
Elevation Gain: 1000′
Difficulty: Intermediate due to pace and distance, not for beginners.
Dogs: If your well trained dog can go at fast pace you can bring it.
Water Fountain: No
Parking: Free parking on Corbin Ave on either side of trail
Trail: Out and back. Paved road and dirt, uneven surfaces
Weather: It might be warm, am hoping for nice weather. Temps above 85 at start time and high winds will cancel hike.
Known Dangers: Rattlesnakes, slip-‘n-fall, poison oak all can be encountered on this hike
Bring: a headlamp or have a charged phone just to make sure you have enough light at the end of the hike. We may only need the light at the end. You may also want to bring a personal snack for when we take a short break halfway through at the turnaround point.
Sunglasses or a hat might be useful starting out but may not be needed.
LOTS of H20 I recommend 2-3 liters, since it may be hot and we are going fast.
COVID-19 DISCLAIMER / RULES
Please follow the guidelines under the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). https://covid19.ca.gov/
COVID information for Ventura and LA counties:
Your participation means you agree with the observance of mandated COVID-19 safety measures and you agree to follow these rules:
• Each participant will observe social distancing of 6 ft. among ourselves.
• It is required to carry a mask and wear it through the duration of the hike. Of course we remove our masks when we can but…
• Be considerate and wear your mask when near each other or near other hikers passing by.
• Cover your mouth with your elbow if you need to sneeze or cough.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
• You must RSVP to attend this event, no exceptions.
• If you choose to sign up for any event, you are releasing the organizers of PM Hikers from all liability in case of possible injuries.
• The organizers of PM Hikers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being.
• Hiking and other outdoor events are inherently dangerous and accidents can happen. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions.
• Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience.