This is an exploratory and beginner’s backpacking hike. So, only 5 spots will be available.
We meet at the Amtrak Train Station in Carpinteria. At the train station, we leave our cars for free overnight parking. Then, we proceed to hike with our backpacking gear to the end of the Carpinteria Bluffs Nature Preserve where we turn back towards the Carpinteria State Beach for a total of 5.6 miles. At the beach entrance, we wait for the 2:00 p.m. check-in time to open and pay $10 per person for a spot in the hike/bike campground of the beach. We’ll enjoy the beach/campground the rest of the day and camp overnight at the beach. The following morning, we break camp to go around downtown before heading home.
I have not done this before and I’m not really good in my sense of direction, having been lost so many times in many foreign destinations and still enjoyed it. So, be prepared for all of the surprises that an exploratory hike brings.
Duration: 1 day
Bring/carry a backpacking gear good for an overnight trip.
1. This hike is limited to 5 participants.
2. Social distancing should be observed on the trail and when possible.
3. Participants are required to carry a mask and wear it as much as practicable. Masks are required when less than 6 feet from each other.
4. Members should not attend this event if they show any sign of COVID-19 symptoms (like: Fever or chills, Cough, Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, Fatigue, Muscle or body aches, Headache, New loss of taste or smell, Sore throat, Congestion or runny nose, Nausea or vomiting, and Diarrhea)
5. Hugging and handshakes are discouraged. Greeting with a Star Trek Vulcan salute is recommended as a substitute. 🙂
Let’s take care of each other. Thanks.
Use a phone app and search for: 475 Linden Ave, Carpinteria, CA 93013
The Fine Print
RSVP’s: If you RSVP for an event, be responsible and update your RSVP if your plans change. If your plans change at the last second and you’re not able to update your RSVP also let us know. In my opinion a no-show is someone who has no regard for following the guidelines we request from our members and will risk being removed from future events that have a limit.
DISCLAIMER / RELEASE OF LIABILITY:
IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ BELOW IN ITS ENTIRETY
I am a volunteer (i.e. not liable for the group). Safety is a priority for everyone in the group. Think of this as hiking with a group of friends.
Outdoor sports and other events we plan can be inherently dangerous and accidents may happen. By participating in any posted event, you’re taking responsibility for your own safety and well-being. The Valencia Hiking Crew Meetup Group and its organizers are not trained leaders and we do not confirm the qualifications of any of its members to lead or participate in trips. All participants take full responsibility for their own actions. If you choose to sign up for any Valencia Hiking Crew Meetup events, you are releasing the Valencia Hiking Crew Meetup Group and it’s organizers from all liability in case of possible injuries as stated in paragraph 6.2 of the Meetup “Terms of Service” located on the bottom of the Meetup website. Your personal safety depends on your own judgment and experience.