HAPPY NEW YEAR – 2021 First Trip @ DESERTS WONDERLAND OF UT & CA!
Tentative Schedule: Jan 15 to Jan 17, 2020 (3 days and 2 nights). This is a road trip for short scenic hikes overnights in Bryce and Zion National Parks, UT.
WARNING: This is a desert winter weather condition
***Transportation: The drive is at least 8 hours one way from Orange County.
ESTIMATE TRIP COST, ADVANCE DEPOSIT & CANCELLATION:
***Plan your own and only join us to hike, $75 (non-refundable coordinating fee). Contact the host directly for more info.
***Estimate Trip Cost ($349+ for 2 nights double occupancy, 4 persons carpool) including: Lodging, transportation, coordinating fee, but excluding meals and any other expenses.
1. Advance Deposit $300 is due by Oct 31, 2020. It is non-refundable deposit. Additional 10% or more to deposit amount if send after due date depending on spaces availabilities.
2. The following policies apply when making a cancellation:
***After putting down deposit, it is non-refundable
***10 days prior to the trip: 100% of the total estimate trip amount is subject to forfeiture
Estimate Trip Cost: due on Jan 5, 2021
About the Trip:
Difficulty: Levels 2 to 3+ (Moderate for scenic hikes or Strenuous for the Peaks Hikes). Click on RATING TABLE http://files.meetup.com/1554500/RATING%20TABLE.pdf for more about difficulty levels
Itinerary: tentative, depends on weather. To be updated. Below was 2016 Trip FYI.
1. Day 1 (Fri/Jan 1st): leave OC early, arrive Bryce, UT.
2. Day 2 (Sat/Jan 2nd): hiking Bryce Canyon NP (http://www.meetup.com/HikingOC/events/227505996/?)
3. Day 3 (Sun/Jan 3rd): short hikes: Valley of Fire State Park (http://www.meetup.com/HikingOC/events/227506287/) and Mojave National Preserve (http://www.meetup.com/HikingOC/events/227506534/), then drive back.
Hiking and Sightseeing. We will walk almost every day from 5 to 10 miles depends on the groups, hiking levels and location.
Check out Photos from the past times:
2. Valley of the Fire State Park: December 2013 (http://www.meetup.com/HikingOC/photos/18873172/312861922/)
3. Mojave National Preserve: February 2011 (http://www.meetup.com/HikingOC/photos/1275534/)
GOOD TO KNOW: Here are things you need to bring with:
1. Sunscreen (hot during the day, high in the 50s-80s)
3. Layer clothes (cold at night, low in the 30-50s) and personal items needed.
4. Hiking shoes, sandals, warm clothes, etc…
***To buy Hiking Gears: check out with Sport Chalet, REI for quality gears: shoes, clothes and camping gears or short term use gears at Target or Wal-Mart with decent price. You can see them online before going to the stores to check out.
REMINDER: ***By joining the meetup, you agree to Meetup Terms of Service releases the Organizer and Assistant Organizers from any liability related to incidents that occur at Meetup gatherings***
***Hiking is a rewarding and pleasant activity in nature, but there are certain dangers you should be aware of. Those include, but are not limited to, trip and fall injuries, bee stings, poison oak exposure, ticks, mountain lions, coyote, snake bites or wildlife. By signing up for this event, you agree to hold harmless the hike organizer, assistant organizers and other participants for any injuries sustained during this hike***
>>> YOU acknowledge THAT WE ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS.
>>> YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR SAFETY***